Police Quest: In Persuit of the Death Angel VGA was a 1992 remake of the original Police Quest I.
It updated the graphics and setting to VGA and was a retelling of the story in a more contemporary setting. It updated the series setting from mid-late 80s to a 1990s culture. Several elements were changed, the town of Lytton was transformed into a big city (similar to the growing city of PQ3, and more akin to Los Angeles), some characters were removed, others had their genders changed.
Thus its more of a reboot than an actual part of the original continuity.
- The graphics have been enhanced from 8-bit EGA to 16-bit VGA
- The game uses a point-and-click interface rather than a text interface
- Helena Hots has been replaced with Tawny Helmut
- The routine inspection of the car is no longer required
- The driving sequences are more complicated
- Crashing no longer results in game over, but rather simply a "you die" message and resuming driving where you were right before the accident and traveling at 10mph.
- The stolen Cadillac has been replaced with a Mercedes-Benz C124.
- Bonds' Stingray II has been replaced with a Camaro
- Bonds automatically bleaches his hair
- The "pimp suit" has been renamed a "leisure suit"
- The Delphoria bar is shown on the left side of the screen instead of the right
Behind the scenesEdit
- The box for the remake has a hidden reflective raised image, that turns the red-eyed face in the sky into a grinning skull.